Tuesday, March 23, 2010

2nd Opinion.. or maybe should I say 3rd?!

Robbie and I decided back in August that we would take a much needed break from the fertility roller coaster we have been on. I am still not having cycles and ovulating and we are ready to get started again, but I just felt like I wanted to get a different opinion on everything. Dr. Ke has said IVF was my only option left... And that is just soooo much money! So, I went to see a different OBGYN that has dealt with patients with fertility issues. She said I was wayyy out of her ballgame! But I am glad I went today to talk to her... She said it sounds like I might not have a great set of eggs either... I have never been tested for that. They do that before IVF though so they know what they are dealing with. I got her to check my thyroid just in case... So it was not a total waste of time going! She suggested not getting my tubes blown out which is what I was thinking I would probably do next. She said if she were me that she would just do IVF. My case is perfect for it and that is basically my only option. In a sense I am glad she was telling me the same thing Dr. Ke has told me, so I wouldn't second guess myself if we decide to go that route that I was making the right choice... but it was just hard to hear for some reason. I definitely cried on the way home! I have not gotten that emotion about this journey in several months. But today I let my emotions get the best of me.

I vaguely discussed this with Robbie and my total desire that is taking hold of me again to do IVF. He said we would discuss it tonight further and in detail, but I think this might be our way to go. It is definitely the only way to go. I have a doctor's appt with Dr. Ke on Monday April 4, so hopefully we will have everything squared away to begin this soon. I have all the medicine just sitting in my refrigerator! I definitely want to get this show on the road. I am ready to close the book to this chapter in my life. I guess I will update later on when we figure out what we are going to do and the timeline and finances and everything... Please please please PRAY! Prayer is a powerful thing and we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment