Monday, November 8, 2010

Ultrasound #4



Today I am 9 weeks 5 days and my precious baby is measuring right at 10 weeks! We had our last ultrasound and visit with Dr. Ke today... it was exciting, but sad at the same time... Bittersweet! We saw the baby moving around and the arms, legs, and even an ear! It is incredible! The heart rate was 173! Strong and healthy! I am still taking my progesterone and estrogen supplements til week 11. My appointment with Dr. Ke went really well. He said that in their meetings the doctors and embryologists have been studying my case. An unusual one! Dr. Ke does not believe that my PCOS is what is causing my infertility, but rather that I have a egg quality/quantity problem. He asked Robbie and I today if we were wanting another one after this baby or if our family was complete. We said complete, but asked why he was asking! He said that if we were not done he would suggest immediately after this baby was born to start the IVF process again. He said with my age I didn't respond well to IVF at all and I definitely did not respond like a typical PCOS patient, but he was thankful and pleased that it ended up being successful. He said we made a great decision to forego with IVF this time right when we did. He said if we would have waited another 3-4 years and if I would have come to him around the age of 28 that IVF would more than likely not have even worked to get me pregnant. We are so thankful and God has blessed us immensely! Please continue to keep Robbie, Ryder, and myself in your prayers as well as this little bean growing inside my belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment