Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my infertility blog! I have decided to start this blog to make an account of my inferility journey as well as to use my story as a testimony to help others out there who are struggling with inferility. My journey started in July 2006 when I went off birth control. My husband and I tried for 12 months before successfully conceiving our son, Ryder. I rarely had cycles on my own and I rarely, if ever, ovulated on my own. Ryder is my miracle baby. Doctors cannot even explain how I got pregnant with him. I have less than a 4% chance of conceiving on my own without medical intervention. Ryder was that less than 4% chance... I did not use ovulatory drugs to conceive him. I did, however, have a HSG to test my fallopian tubes for blockages a month before I got pregnant with him. Pregnancy rate tends to be higher after this test. My journey to get pregnant with Ryder was a rollercoaster, but nothing could have prepared me for my emotional journey I have endured through secondary infertility. Believe me, it was heartwrenching when I was trying the first time, but I got pregnant before the doctors ever really discovered my problem and had a chance to somewhat correct that problem. The next post will cover details that the past year has brought on my journey of secondary infertility.

No comments:

Post a Comment