Monday, July 6, 2009

I'll Praise You In The Storm

Below are the lyrics of an amazing song entitled "I'll Praise You in the Storm" by Casting Crowns. This song is a perfect reflection of how I feel being caught in the middle of an infertility storm.

I was sure by now that You would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day, but once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining … As the thunder rolls, I barely hear Your whisper through the rain, “I’m with you.” And as You mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives, and takes away --

I'll praise You in this storm, and I will lift my hands, for You are who You are, no matter where I am. Every tear I've cried, You hold in Your hand, you never left my side, and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm.

I remember when I stumbled in the wind. You heard my cry. You raised me up again. My strength is almost gone, how can I carry on, if I can't find You? As the thunder rolls, I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I’m with you." And as Your mercy falls, I raise my hands and praise the God who gives, and takes away.

I lift my eyes unto the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment