Friday, June 26, 2009

Anger

Do things hurt less because we love and trust God? No. I think it hurts more because we somehow believe that God is supposed to protect us from all things which are bad. Yet, bad things do happen. Or, we think that because we’re Christians, we should be immune from experiencing pain, discouragement, or even anger. How we respond to these emotions is key.

I’d love to tell you that I’ve got it all together and I never struggle in my walk anymore, but that simply is not true. I still get angry. But I have learned to take it to God. He knows what’s in my heart, so I might as well tell Him how I feel. Because only then, can He heal me, comfort me, and give me a “peace that passes understanding” while I’m still hurting.

The Bible states, “Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.” (Psalm 30:5) What it doesn’t say is that those nights can be really, really, long! But morning will come. Joy will come.

(Taken from Sarah's Laughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment