Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Broken Clock

Be still, and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10

There is a broken clock in my guest bathroom. When I purchased the clock back before I got married for my "black and white" bathroom, it worked. One day while living in the apartment it just stopped working. It doesn't need new batteries... it is just a dud I think! But I still love the clock and chose to continue to use it as decoration on my wall in the guest bathroom. I was in the guest bathroom last night giving Ryder his bath and I just happened to look up at the clock. I wasn't looking for the time, because I know it doesn't work! I don't really know why I looked at the clock... but right then I realized that it symbolized something in my life. You see, that broken clock is a reminder of the perfection of God’s timing. At first glance, it appears that the broken clock is worthless. The hands never move. It looks like nothing good is happening.

In the dark days of waiting through my struggle with infertility, it feels like God’s plan for my family has gone to a halt. Even though the clock is not ticking away the time, time is still going on. God is still working and moving. When it seems like nothing is happening and I feel like my life is standing still like the clock, God’s plan is still unfolding.

I would like to encourage you all to buy a clock and hang it on the wall with no batteries. It will remind you of God's perfect timing.

Now, I think I might just go set that clock in the bathroom at Ryder's birth time... Just to remind me that miracles happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment