Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Trial Transfer, Lupron, Birth Control...

There is alot I want to discuss in this post! Mainly for me to look back and read. I want to remember everything I possibly can about this unique and incredible experience!


I went in yesterday morning at 11am for my Trial Transfer! It went really well. Dr. Ke said I seemed very nervous... And I am! Especially since just minutes before we had paid a whole lot of money! I am also extremely excited! This is the most amazing thing to get to experience! While infertility is definitely not something I would ever want anyone to have to face, I am so blessed to be able to go through with this IVF procedure. I cannot wait to see God's plan for our life unfold! Tonight is my last night of birth control pills. It has been 3 weeks since we started our down regulation cycle and in just 3 more weeks we will be doing the egg retrieval and embryo transfer! It is really going by fast and I cannot believe it! Well, for those of you who do not know about a trial transfer.. let me explain! The trial transfer is a "practice run" for the embryo transfer. An empty transfer catheter is passed into the uterus just as it is when my embryos are ready to be returned to me. It allows the doctor to prepare for my transfer in order to increase chances of a successful outcome. In my case, everything went smoothly and there was not any unique instructions. Everything has just fallen into place! I can truely see God's hand in this and it makes me feel very much at peace!

The Lupron injections are going very well! So far no major side effects. Just a few headaches, but I am thinking that is mainly from the birth control pills. I have felt completely great! For those of you who do not really know what Lupron is or what it does to my body... It down-regulates ("shuts down" or "suppresses") the hypothalamic-pituitary control centers of the brain to prevent premature ovulation (release of oocytes). I give myself these injections in my stomach every night until the egg retrival. Right now they are taken alone, but around September 2nd, I will be adding another shot in my stomach along with Lupron. This shot will be my stimulation drug called Gonal-F. Next Tuesday morning (August 31) I go in at 7:30am for an ultrasound and blood work. This will be my initial blood work and ultrasound since I started the cycle 3 weeks ago.

Please continue to lift Robbie, Ryder, and myself up in prayer. We greatly appreciate all the prayers! God is SO great! Robbie and I had been richly blessed so far throughout this experience! Lord Willing in about 6 weeks we will know if we have a precious miracle on the way!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that all the shots are starting out so well! I'll keep praying for no (more) side effects, and for a baby to be on the way! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a great attitude you have. You are a great example to those around you! We will be praying!

    ReplyDelete