Thursday, November 6, 2014

Egg Retrieval

I went in this morning at 8:30 to East Memphis Surgery Center for my egg retrieval. When I arrived I signed a lot of paper work and paid our last payment. Robbie was called back first to go upstairs and do his thing. Then they called me back and asked me a lot of preliminary questions, had me change into the hospital gown, and got my started on my IV. Robbie came back to the room and we talked, prayed, and took a picture pre-retrieval! Dr. Ke came and talked to me about the procedure (I was so glad my doctor was the one to retrieve the eggs!), the anesthesiologist came and talked to me (the nurse anesthetist even prayed with us!) and then I was transferred to the IVF procedure room. They had me lay down on the table which my thighs in stirrups loosely strapped down so my legs wouldn't fall off the stirrups. I was very comfortable. It was cold, but they gave me the awesome warm blankets! After that I don't remember once they started my "knock out" medicine through my IV! The procedure started around 9:40 and I woke up in recovery around 10:35. I stayed there for 30 minutes never really fully waking up! I got really nauseated and was in pain, so the nurse gave me some pain and nausea medicine through my IV. Plus ginger ale and crackers! They had me go to the bathroom, get dressed, the nurse took my IV out, and wheeled me out to the car. My mom, Robbie, Mercer, and I went to eat at Wendy's. Rob went to work and I rode with my mom to get Ryder from school. I came home and took a 2 hour nap! My mom watched the boys at her house til Robbie got off work. Rob stopped and got pizza and Muddys cupcakes for us to eat for dinner! I am still in a little pain, but I am laying down with the heating pad. It is just uncomfortable to cough or go to the bathroom. 

I definitely appreciate all the prayers and they have been answered so far! 14 eggs were retrieved (6 from my left ovary and 8 from my right) and I will hear tomorrow how many were mature and fertilized! In the meantime, they are in an incubator with their first babysitters at a Fertility Associates of Memphis lab! 

I am taking prednisone and doxycycline for the next 4 days and start progesterone injections tomorrow evening. 

 
We would still appreciate your prayers because the next few days and weeks we are still continuing our journey. I ask you to pray for our sweet babies and Lord Willing we will be able to make it to a 5 day transfer with one or two embryos! I will keep you all updated. I will leave you all with a verse from Psalms, "The Lord has done great things for us and our hearts are filled with JOY!" This has been one of my favorite verses throughout this entire experience! I can't wait to Lord Willing share some really great news with you all over the next few days and weeks! Thank you so much again for your thoughts and prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment