Thursday, August 6, 2009

Can't

This is a perfect post that came to my mind today considering the "can't" that went through my head earlier on in the day.

With struggling with infertility there are so many "can'ts" involved. I can't make plans tonight because it is the Baby Dance Day. I can't go to another baby shower. I can't hear about another person that has gotten pregnant. I can't fingure out how we are going to pay for all this treatment. I can't handle the anxiety anymore. All because I can't conceive!

Today it was "I can't give MYSELF a shot!"

So, as I have been pondering this idea over the past 24 hours of self-injecting my stomach I thought about some of the basic Bible stories in both the New and Old Testament. Jonah and the Whale. David and Goliath. Daniel and the Lion's Den. These are all stories of "can'ts" that were turned into "cans" just wth the power of God's hand.

These people in the Bible were just men and women like me and Robbie. Ordinary people who put their trust and faith in an extraordinary God!

Think about Daniel when he was thrown in the lions’ den. A man “can’t” survive a night with the lions, can he? With God, he can!

What about Jonah? Jonah (or anyone for that matter) “can’t” live inside a huge fish for three days, only to be vomited up at the right place at the right time, can he? With God, he can!

There is little harp player David. How in the world could this little child defeat such a mighty giant? He "can't" unless he has God!

And of course, there’s Sarah! A 90 year old woman cannot conceive and give birth to a healthy child! That’s ludicrous, isn’t it! Of course it is. A woman beyond childbearing age “can’t” give birth to a baby, can she? With God, she can!

The list goes on and on!

The waters of the Red Sea “can’t” part and stand up like walls of stone, can it? With God, it can!

A virgin “can’t” conceive. Water “can’t” be turned to wine. A crowd of 5,000 “can’t” be fed with a child’s lunch. With God, they can!

I have heard myself say many times that I "can't" take it anymore. I "can't" have a child. I "can't" take on another burden or trial. Thinking about these scriptures, I have seen God turn all of those "can'ts" into "cans!" The same God who closed the mouths of the lions, fed thousands of people with nothing more than scraps, breathed life into ancient wombs and even placed His Son in a virgin womb, is the same God who has heard my prayers. He’s the same God who knows how badly I want another baby. God is the only one who can turn all my “can’ts” into “cans”!

I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

No comments:

Post a Comment