Saturday, August 22, 2009

Trusting His Plan

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Do you ever ask God for something over and over again and still do not receive an answer? Months and months have passed since Robbie and I have been trying for a second child and it gets so hard not knowing God's plan. Sometimes I just want him to come down here for 60 seconds and talk to me.. face to face. Dealing with unanswered questions really makes me question my faith. I think about my question that I have been asking lately to God in my prayer time: Will I have another child? There are 2 answers to that question: yes or no. I would be fine with either if I just knew! It is so hard just living life on pins and needles just wondering what your life has to hold. Even if God just told me to wait... I would be more fine with that answer knowing that one day I would be able to have another child than just not knowing! Silence is so hard sometimes. Why doesn't God answer me? He has chosen to remain silent in our situation for the time being... maybe He is just saying "wait."

I wonder if God had revealed to me what His calling for my life had really been what would I have done differently? God's plan is perfect. It would definitely be easier if He would just reveal to me whether or not I would have a child. If I knew His plan ahead of time, there would simply be no room for trust. We're called upon to place our faith in an unseen God who reveals His plan to us step by step. He promises to make His plan known to us and we need to know. My job is to acknowledge Him. To trust Him. To cry out to Him and to let Him guide me. I am not called upon to understand what He is doing or to grasp the whole picture of the work He is doing in my life. I jsut need to trust Him. He truely does know what is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment