Saturday, September 11, 2010

His Good and Perfect Will

Over the past several weeks during my quiet time I have found myself really studying and praying for God's Will. It is amazing to me what God uses through His word to touch my life and give me peace, hope, and strength. I have studied things lately that I have read before but going through this particular journey in my life right now His word has really touched me differently. I tend to focus my prayer life and quiet time on things that I am dealing with at that particular moment... so that I might gain wisdom and understanding... God has given me comfort throughout this entire process. Sometimes I cannot fathom His love and His mercy but it sure is comforting! Here are two verses that have really encouraged me lately and will continue to give me peace whatever the outcome may be of IVF.

1 Thess. 5:16-18: "Always be joyful. Keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's Will for you who belongs to Christ Jesus."

1 John 5:14-15: "And we can be confident that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we know he is listening when we make our requests, we can be sure that he will give us what we ask for."

No comments:

Post a Comment