Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pictures of the Shots

This is my Lupron. It comes in a vial with disposable needles.
This is the Lupron with the alcohol pad and the bucket I have to dispose of all my needles in.
Before I insert the needle into the Lupron vial you have to clean it with an alcohol pad.
For my dose right now, 5 units, I pull the syringe back to the "5", push the needle in the Lupron vial, push the air into the vial, turn the vial upside down like shown and pull back the syringe til it is at "5" again. This time it will have the fluid in the needle. Kinda confusing to describe!

This is my Gonal-F. The whole pen is about 6 inches long, but the needle is tiny. First I have to insert a new needle on the pen everyday. Then I have to find my dose number on the end (225), pull the white tip back, and it should say 225 in small red print. That actually loads the pen to my dose. I take the cap off the needle and give myself a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment